Author Topic: Use Substance Designer for Assets to sell in Unity Asset store?  (Read 5642 times)

Hi,

i have two questions regarding selling 3D Modells on the asset store.

Is it allowed to use Substance Designer and Substance Painter to create textures for assets that I want to sell on the asset store?

The second question is: Is it allowed to use the sample substances or the provided GameTextures (from GameTexture.com) on the 3D Models that I want to sell on the asset store?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Is it allowed to use Substance Designer and Substance Painter to create textures for assets that I want to sell on the asset store?

The second question is: Is it allowed to use the sample substances or the provided GameTextures (from GameTexture.com) on the 3D Models that I want to sell on the asset store?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Yes absolutely : )

With the substances, you need to modify them before selling them. For instance, if you create a custom substance that utilizes the substances from GT.com, then it is Ok to sell your substance. However, you can't just sell only the GT.com substance without it being modified in your custom substance.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

With the substances, you need to modify them before selling them. For instance, if you create a custom substance that utilizes the substances from GT.com, then it is Ok to sell your substance. However, you can't just sell only the GT.com substance without it being modified in your custom substance.

Cheers,

Wes

Hi Wes,

thanks for the quick answere. So as long as I modify the plain textures within substance designer it is ok? I don't want to sell the substances more I want to build up my 3D-Model and texture it with substance designer.

Thanks again!
Cheers

P.S. Thanks for the cool tutorial videos. I am going through them and they are very good. Thanks and keep the good work going :)

Hi,

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Cheers,

Wes

Hi Wes,

thanks for the quick answere. So as long as I modify the plain textures within substance designer it is ok? I don't want to sell the substances more I want to build up my 3D-Model and texture it with substance designer.

Thanks again!
Cheers

P.S. Thanks for the cool tutorial videos. I am going through them and they are very good. Thanks and keep the good work going :)

Thanks very much! I'll do my best to keep good tutorials coming : )

Yeah, no problem on selling your substances. The only issue is that you can't just take a stock substance and resell it. So if you use any substance in a custom substance, that is Ok to do.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Cheers,

Wes

Hi Wes,

Thanks again!
Cheers

Thanks very much! I'll do my best to keep good tutorials coming : )

Yeah, no problem on selling your substances. The only issue is that you can't just take a stock substance and resell it. So if you use any substance in a custom substance, that is Ok to do.

Cheers,

Wes

Thanks again. That helps me a lot. If I am almost ready and have any doubts I will come back to you!

Have a nice one!

Cheers!