Author Topic: Tiling Substance (yes again)  (Read 516 times)

In Substance Share there's a Substance called Rock Moss, the presentation ball depicts what seems like a cliff substance, but when you open the sbs what you see is basically a composition of 2 rocks, so my question is how people tile substances?

"Make it Tile" etc reuse the texture to scatter it randomly so this is not an option since I want procedural tiling, I checked on the substance options and there's not an exposed parameter to tile it either in the sbs or sbsar. So the only option is to go to each node (starting on the Tile Random node) and start raising the tiling parameters, but this is very time consuming and not elegant. Any help is welcome.

In Substance Share there's a Substance called Rock Moss, the presentation ball depicts what seems like a cliff substance, but when you open the sbs what you see is basically a composition of 2 rocks, so my question is how people tile substances?

"Make it Tile" etc reuse the texture to scatter it randomly so this is not an option since I want procedural tiling, I checked on the substance options and there's not an exposed parameter to tile it either in the sbs or sbsar. So the only option is to go to each node (starting on the Tile Random node) and start raising the tiling parameters, but this is very time consuming and not elegant. Any help is welcome.

HI,

Typically in a Substance, the outputs are made to be tiled. If there is not a parameter to adjust the tiling, then it's designed to be tiled in the shader. For example if you publish the sbsar file and take this into say Unity, you can then go to the material settings and increase the tile amount for the X and Y in the shader. This will tile the material and it will be seamless tile since the Substance is a procedural which was designed to be tiled.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja