Author Topic: Diana & David Contest: Jason Jiang entry  (Read 5774 times)

Hi allegorithmic community!

Honor to take part in the contest. I am a student studying animation in Shanghai.

It must be interesting if David can travel through to China and being an emperor.

MD&SP is a standard working process of my pipeline. I am happy to share my creating process. Hope you like it.
:D :D :D

Inside Marvelous Designer, I separated the whole cloth into three materials which are cuffs, sleeves and patterned customs. After that, I generated a wind to pose a satisfactory posture and laid out the uv. All textures came from the projection of pictures.This is just the preview.

The resolution of the picture is far from what I expected.So I need to find other approaches.

I set a few goals before texturing in Substance Painter. First was to separate each color to adjust each channel from each color separately. There were several approaches to this, which could be divided into two parts.
-Layers with masks ( hand painted or map generated )
-Node-based generated

Node-based result can be interfered directly and immediately while it is quite costly which is good for vastly used environment or patterns. So I applied it to lines at the bottom of the custom.
I didn't bother using SD. Instead, I created the whole node in SP, which is the same principle. Not so powerful, but enough to do this job.

I created the other parts based on the id map from photos.
All colors have their own masks.
Most importantly, I can refine the id map whenever I want in photoshop, and send back to Substance Painter to keep working procedually and nondestructivly.
In this way, every color or every part of any color can has its unique height, roughness and metalness.

On posting works on some website, there came many feedbacks.
I revamped a lot.
It becomes better now!

That does look better! Nice work :)

Thank you! :) :)