Author Topic: Unable to download Substance Textures in Unreal  (Read 2031 times)

Hi all,

I've installed the Substance in Unreal Engine plug-in and when I hit the hit the Substance Source button I am able to
use my allegorithmic credentials to log in just fine. But when I hit the blue download button I get an error that simply
says Substance download error. See image

Anyone know of a way to fix this?

A

Hi all,

I've installed the Substance in Unreal Engine plug-in and when I hit the hit the Substance Source button I am able to
use my allegorithmic credentials to log in just fine. But when I hit the blue download button I get an error that simply
says Substance download error. See image

Anyone know of a way to fix this?

A

Hi,

Checking your screen shot it says you have zero downloads available. The Source subscription gives you a set number of downloads per month. Have you been downloading materials or is this the first time you have used Source?

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi I am having the same issue and its persisted across all my new versions of UE4 downloaded since .24.
I can also download from the source website and bring in but i cannot from the engine. Different to Reederdzn I have availible downloads. I cant find anything on the forums that explain why this is happening. Could i have some assitance or solutions toward this problem.

Hello @Julian Haysom
This is a known issue and our developers are working to fix the problem so that you can download from engine.
Thx,

Thank you for the reply AliSafari.

It's been an issue for a while and is still presiding across all my pcs and engine versions....Is there a fix in sight anytime soon?. Is there a forum thread that you can point me too that I should keep an eye on for fixes on this particular issue?

Lastly Is there a way of, say downloading a version of UE4 that my substance will work or changing something with my account to get the downloader to work in engine or is it a universal issue for all ue4 developers using substance source in engine?

Thank you for the reply AliSafari.

It's been an issue for a while and is still presiding across all my pcs and engine versions....Is there a fix in sight anytime soon?. Is there a forum thread that you can point me too that I should keep an eye on for fixes on this particular issue?

Lastly Is there a way of, say downloading a version of UE4 that my substance will work or changing something with my account to get the downloader to work in engine or is it a universal issue for all ue4 developers using substance source in engine?

Hey @Julian Haysom ,

Firstly, apologies for the long wait on a fix for the issue. We are working on a solution that would allow for users to download sbsar files directly into UE4 as it did before. We hope to release it to the marketplace soon. I will follow up with you here when it is released. :)

I have the same problem! When will you solve the problem? because I bought a license specifically for my project. and the project will not keep you waiting !!!

I have the same problem! When will you solve the problem? because I bought a license specifically for my project. and the project will not keep you waiting !!!

@magiccinema ,

We have a solution for the issue, and are in the process of submitting it to Epic for approval. In the meantime as a workaround, you can download your sbsar files from source.substance3d.com and import them into UE4 as any other asset (drag and drop or right click - import).