Author Topic: Aged Wood Planks - 3D view problem  (Read 5521 times)

Hello!

I have done your tutorials for awhile now, but I seem to run into same issue in every tutorial. My 3D view is always a lot different from tutorials. I have double checked my materials, nodes and environment..but can't figure out what is causing the problem. It's like I'm missing some height, or the light isn't strong enough, or render engine is different? Any idea what I could be missing?

Here is the picture of Aged Wood Planks tutorial:

Hello!

I have done your tutorials for awhile now, but I seem to run into same issue in every tutorial. My 3D view is always a lot different from tutorials. I have double checked my materials, nodes and environment..but can't figure out what is causing the problem. It's like I'm missing some height, or the light isn't strong enough, or render engine is different? Any idea what I could be missing?

Here is the picture of Aged Wood Planks tutorial:

Hi,

What value are you using for the normal node. It looks like the normal intensity is low. In the tutorial, I used the tessellation shader and had to set the height scale. I also used a high value for the normal intensity node.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja