Author Topic: Scripting  (Read 2411 times)

I would like to know how to do the following things with scripting, if at all possible:

-Set Normal Mixing to Replace.

-Add layers to the stack, set the type, set the properties, add textures to slots, add generators and other effects, set their properties, etc. Basically everything you do to create layers manually, but instead done by scripting.

-Bake and then export the "base normal map from mesh".

-Import a texture onto the shelf. Or even better, bake directly onto the shelf.

-Bake combined normal channels from the layer stack into a single normal map.

-Replace Additional Maps with other maps.
Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 03:48:09 am

These should be doable in the next update:

-Bake and then export the "base normal map from mesh".
-Bake combined normal channels from the layer stack into a single normal map.

The others are planned and will come later on.

Any chance pushing these features to the next update? I really need them:

-Import textures onto the shelf.
-Assign textures in the shelf to items in the layer stack.

Good to hear that exporting additional maps is coming to the next update because I really need that too :-)

It is to automate the incredibly repetitive task of fixing bad normal bakes, discussed here:
https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=12636
Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 03:08:46 am

Is there any plan to make exporting PSD file that contains each individual layer information possible with scripting?
I don't care if it will not to be able to convert blending mode perfectly, since substance's one and Photoshop's is different.
We really looking forward for it, thanks!   

You can actually already export all the maps by script, so you could imagine to create a script to plug them into a PSD if needed.
Head of Product Management

You can actually already export all the maps by script

Not quite. It is currently not possible to export the Additional Maps.

Soon :)

thanks, I noticed that some scripting features I need are implemented now. However, I still need to be able to import textures into the shelf and assign them to specific slots of items in the layer stack.

Please vote here if you need the Normal Fix tutorial I made to be fully automated:
https://allegorithmic.uservoice.com/forums/261284-substance-painter/suggestions/16122217-scripting-import-into-shelf-and-assign-to-slot-in

Is there any idea to assign materials to a layer?