Author Topic: Polygon fill - Uv fill not working as intended  (Read 3182 times)

In older versions of Substance Painter whenever I created a mask and selected an UV island, or painted in UV alignment, no matter how small the texel density was, there would be no bleed to other islands, as expected. Yet now there is. When you first select the uv to mask,  or paint by uv alignment, there is no bleed whatsoever but it instantly recalculates and the bleed appears.
In the following example, both the black and the red color were applied using Polygon fill, uv selection:

I hope this problem is solved promptly, for this feature used to be incredibly useful.
Thanks for everything in advance ! :D

This is due to the new seam padding introduced in 2018.1 (see https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Version+2018.1 -> 'Improved seam padding').

This leads to the problem you describe. I'm not sure if this can somehow be deactivated, if so I'd sure like to know about it. Unwanted behavior obviously in situations where you actually want a clean, visible seam.
Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:25:51 pm

This is due to the new seam padding introduced in 2018.1 (see https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Version+2018.1 -> 'Improved seam padding').

This leads to the problem you describe. I'm not sure if this can somehow be deactivated, if so I'd sure like to know about it. Unwanted behavior obviously in situations where you actually want a clean, visible seam.

I don't think this can be deactivated, I pretty much tried everything I could think of. I guess we'll need to wait for this to be "fixed"  :'(  The older versions tools were more adaptable to different cases... It's a shame
Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:45:04 pm

A build allowing you to deactivate the feature will be available later today.

A build allowing you to deactivate the feature will be available later today.

Thank you so much for the reply , those are great news! Thanks for your awesome work as always !  ;D ;D