Author Topic: Wacom intuos pro very slow while mouse is not  (Read 1763 times)

Hello,
i am sorry to open a new thread about this, but reading around i did NOT find a solution to the problem.
While painting in Substance Painter, using a Wacom tablet the response is low, laggy, while with the mouse everything works.
I tried to deactivate Windows INK, updated graphic drivers, uncheck the various options in the nVidia control panel.
I need a solution to this problem.
Reposts are fine as well.
Thank you.
Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:06:00 pm

Caplocks only thread title are very annoying, please avoid that in the future.

You also need to attach a log file : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Exporting+the+log+file
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

here's the log.
thanks for the help and sorry for the capsize thread title.
It is a quite problematic situation :)

I myself am still waiting on some type of fix for this 2018-based bug, with my Cintiq 22HD (which has plagued my workflow)...
I can't adjust the brush size, hardness, opacity, rotation with the shortcuts, as it lags terribly. Also have a nasty offset when I paint. None of that is an issue with the mouse for me either, but evidently, we don't use Wacom tablets for their compatibility with a mouse.
As I was explained, pen-generated brush strokes are registered differently in 2018 builds. They're no longer registered as mouse strokes, but as bona fide pen strokes (in an effort to paint more efficiently). That is why you're not experiencing the bug when you use your mouse.
While I appreciate the innovative nature of that adjustment, something was clearly broken in the process. It's very frustrating, especially not having a clue as to when this will be remediated :(

It's hard to know what is causing the issue at this point. We don't have any issue with 2018.x and Cintiqs on our side so we haven't been able to reproduce the issue until now.

Did anyone ever find a fix for slow wacom pen when mouse is not?
Brush size and flow adjustment with the wacom pen is super laggy but mouse is fine for me.

Latest version of substance painter.

Brush size and flow adjustment with the wacom pen is super laggy but mouse is fine for me.
This specific point (changing size and flow) is being investigated, but we don't have news yet on the matter.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

Any update on this issue? Painting details with a mouse is starting to be a real drag. Using my Wacom Intuos tablet is impossible due to this bug.... Using SP 2019.3.1
Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 03:00:49 pm

I just want to add to this thread as I am experiencing the same problem on 2019.3.1 as well. Painting is fine as long as I hold the brush stroke, but things like navigation that requires me to repeatedly make new strokes is nearly impossible. I also notice that dragging a slider with a pen does the same thing. 

I think it's also important to note that as soon as I turn off "Use Windows Ink" the lag goes away but of course, so does any kind of sensitivity. Please have this addressed as it is practically impossible to work with a pen inside substance painter right now.

Please report to this thread your problem : https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,32232.0.html
-----------