Author Topic: error: AssetConverter.cs(308,13): error CS0619, obsolete  (Read 1958 times)

Hello. I updated to unity 2018.1.0f2 from 2017.2.0f3 and now I am getting this error.

I imported the asset converter, but the Reflections menu does not appear above the editor, and we have this error, so I can't do the update, etc.

Assets/Plugins/Substance/Substance Engine/Editor/Substance.Reflection/AssetConverter.cs(308,13): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.ProceduralPropertyDescription' is obsolete: `Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been removed from Unity. To continue using Substance Designer materials, you will need to install Allegorithmic's external importer from the Asset Store.'

keep up the great work, guys!
Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 07:09:14 am

Hello. I updated to unity 2018.1.0f2 from 2017.2.0f3 and now I am getting this error.

I imported the asset converter, but the Reflections menu does not appear above the editor, and we have this error, so I can't do the update, etc.

Assets/Plugins/Substance/Substance Engine/Editor/Substance.Reflection/AssetConverter.cs(308,13): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.ProceduralPropertyDescription' is obsolete: `Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been removed from Unity. To continue using Substance Designer materials, you will need to install Allegorithmic's external importer from the Asset Store.'

keep up the great work, guys!

HI,

Did you use the updater package before you opened the project in 2018? You need to run the updater on the 2017 project before it's opened in 2018.

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Did you use the updater package before you opened the project in 2018? You need to run the updater on the 2017 project before it's opened in 2018.

Given the name "importer" that's kinda stupid. The import process is to bring materials and projects which used to work into the new system. Your importer should be included in the current Asset Store package that supports the materials, and should work in the current system. If I find sbsar materials on the web and have never used 2017 Unity, I should not need to go find an obsolete version just to use those materials in a new 2018 project.

(And for anyone else Googling in vain, here is the process to use an ad-hoc not-in-the-store package in Unity 2017 to EXPORT or prepare a 2017 project's sbsar materials for use in Unity 2018. "How to import existing Allegorithmic SBSAR Materials into a Unity 2018 project."  https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/integrations/Upgrading+2017.x+projects )
Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 09:08:56 am