Author Topic: Material inside substance graph breaks unity 2018 integration  (Read 1180 times)

Hello wise folks,

I'm trying to build a substance graph that takes a color ID map of a model as an input and sorts out which material to use for what part according to this color input. With that I wouldn't need to have dozens of materials on one mesh and could generate my textures inside unity instead of having to batch export each set of textures.

Now as soon as I put e.g. one of the default PBR materials from substance designer into my material graph to choose from, when I import the .sbsar file into unity 2018 it doesn't show any parameters anymore and just displays a white sphere.

My question: 1. is there a more clever way to achieve my desired result or 2. what did i do wrong? :)

Cheers,
Choix

Hello wise folks,

I'm trying to build a substance graph that takes a color ID map of a model as an input and sorts out which material to use for what part according to this color input. With that I wouldn't need to have dozens of materials on one mesh and could generate my textures inside unity instead of having to batch export each set of textures.

Now as soon as I put e.g. one of the default PBR materials from substance designer into my material graph to choose from, when I import the .sbsar file into unity 2018 it doesn't show any parameters anymore and just displays a white sphere.

My question: 1. is there a more clever way to achieve my desired result or 2. what did i do wrong? :)

Cheers,
Choix

Hi,

Can you post some screen shots of what you are getting in Unity?

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja