Author Topic: Is there a way to have a specific layer height "ignore" layers below it?  (Read 1204 times)

I'm new to SP and I'm just messing around to learn how to use the software, so I still don't quite understand how layer blending and masks work. This seems like a pretty simple question, and I'm probably missing something obvious, but I want to add what are essentially stickers to my mesh, and the problem is they are using height information from the layers below them. I don't want this. I want the sticker to have it's own height information, but I can't figure it out. Here is my current result. I tried using the disable/replace blending mode and that didn't work either.

In your layers pallete, flip the toggle where it says "baseColor" in the top left of that pallete, to "height" it now gets its own blending method.

You can flip that layer from ADD to NORMAL and it will just layer on top of layers below it, just like photoshop.

By default, SP layers height channels as ADD.

In your layers pallete, flip the toggle where it says "baseColor" in the top left of that pallete, to "height" it now gets its own blending method.

You can flip that layer from ADD to NORMAL and it will just layer on top of layers below it, just like photoshop.

By default, SP layers height channels as ADD.
EXACTLY what I needed, thank you!