Author Topic: Diana and David: Pierre G  (Read 2862 times)

started a few days ago to work on this. I am going to study later this year.
My progress so far:

Are there any tricks to get a better result from the buttons and the arms? Anyone have other tips for me what I can make better?

Hello Pierre! the progress looks pretty well. I think the best way to solve this small problem of the folds is to increase the resolution of the mesh, or maybe apply a different material. The buttons maybe get better when you increase the resolution.

Hello, This is Danny Kim from Marvelous Designer Support team.

To increase the resolution of mesh, please select the pattern and decrease particle distance to 10 or below. (default is 20)
This way you could get more detailed simulation result.

here's a little report from me:

thx for the tips. It slightly made the mesh better, but I still having problems with the buttons (updated to MD 7.5 already).
I started to learn Substance Designer and tried to recreate some salt desert cracks.

Are there any tricks to get a better result from the buttons and the arms?

For the buttons I find that once they are simulated in place, it is better to right click on them and disable their collision. That way you don't have renegade buttons making their way everywhere, and they will mostly stick onto where they belong. You might need to simulate with collision again if you want buttons under other garments.

For the buttons I find that once they are simulated in place, it is better to right click on them and disable their collision. That way you don't have renegade buttons making their way everywhere, and they will mostly stick onto where they belong. You might need to simulate with collision again if you want buttons under other garments.
problem hereby is that the buttons on the underwear wants to connect from the inner side (backside) of the mesh into the button holes. i deleted the connection and reconnected them but this did not help. also deleting the button and placing it again wont help. my demo version only lasts until thursday and i have no idea how to fix this. its the first time i worked with this programm. easy to learn - hard to master , i guess :D

p.s. i tried to disable collsion but it does not help me :(