Author Topic: 32-bit Heightmaps for Maya from Substance Plugin  (Read 1313 times)

Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to get 32 bit height maps for bump/displacement maps, when generating textures from the substance plugin in Hypershade?

I am getting the stepping that occurs in 8/16 bit height maps. I really love the integration, thus far this is the only issue I am seeing at the moment.

Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to get 32 bit height maps for bump/displacement maps, when generating textures from the substance plugin in Hypershade?

I am getting the stepping that occurs in 8/16 bit height maps. I really love the integration, thus far this is the only issue I am seeing at the moment.

Hi Johh,

This is a limitation of the plugin at this time. We are going to be rebuilding a new version of the maya plugin and it will support full 32 bit displacement.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi there Wes;
I'd really appreciate the float bitdepth update.
I tried the rim free source substance (awesome), but, either in TGA or TIF format (auto connection) is outputting gradation steps, which is not desirable at all.
Do you have any time stimation for the plugin update?.
Thanks in advance.

Hi there Wes;
I'd really appreciate the float bitdepth update.
I tried the rim free source substance (awesome), but, either in TGA or TIF format (auto connection) is outputting gradation steps, which is not desirable at all.
Do you have any time stimation for the plugin update?.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm sorry but we don't have a release date just yet. We are working on the height 32bit support now. We are prepping a release which is coming soon that will be a big bug fix release as well as add 32bit support. I can't give an exact date, but we should have the release next month.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Those are really GREAT news Wes.
Take care.