Author Topic: Unity 2018.1 plugin not retaining Tiling, Offset  (Read 3793 times)

Hi,

This is indeed an issue. We will get this resolved. The problem is the meta file that contains the information for the material is not saved in the package. We will make changes to the material to fix this issue.

Cheers,
Wes

What about the problem with the Texture properties, like Aniso Level, not being saved? Is it being investigated?

Hi,

This is indeed an issue. We will get this resolved. The problem is the meta file that contains the information for the material is not saved in the package. We will make changes to the material to fix this issue.

Cheers,
Wes

What about the problem with the Texture properties, like Aniso Level, not being saved? Is it being investigated?

Yes, we are still working on that. Texture settings didn't make it into the 2.0.1 update but we will get it fixed.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

Cheers,
Wes

Yes, we are still working on that. Texture settings didn't make it into the 2.0.1 update but we will get it fixed.

Cheers,
Wes

Hi Wes,

Any idea when the next update of the plugin will be available and if it will integrate fixes for the tiling not retained in .unitypackages ?

We are working on unity 2017.3 for now but we will have to switch to unity 2018.1 soon because we have to use .net 4.x capabilities.

The only workaround I have found for now is to create "buffer" materials, I create standard unity materials and feed them with the substances outputs so when I export my asset in a unity package the tiling is retained in the standard material.

Regards,

Hi,

Cheers,
Wes

Cheers,
Wes

Hi Wes,

Any idea when the next update of the plugin will be available and if it will integrate fixes for the tiling not retained in .unitypackages ?

We are working on unity 2017.3 for now but we will have to switch to unity 2018.1 soon because we have to use .net 4.x capabilities.

The only workaround I have found for now is to create "buffer" materials, I create standard unity materials and feed them with the substances outputs so when I export my asset in a unity package the tiling is retained in the standard material.

Regards,

Hi,

for the tiling in the .unitypackage do you mean the tiling setting for the materials? The latest version on the Unity Asset Store now correctly retains the tiling setting on materials.

Cheers,
Wes

Cheers,
Wes

Any news on that?
Thanks!!!

Cheers,
Wes

Any news on that?
Thanks!!!

I'm sorry, still no news yet. We have it on our list. Mobile support it take precedence currently. We haven't forgotten about this : )

Cheers,
Wes

Cheers,
Wes

Any news on that?
Thanks!!!

I'm sorry, still no news yet. We have it on our list. Mobile support it take precedence currently. We haven't forgotten about this : )

Cheers,
Wes

No news yet? 4 months already...
Thanks!

Cheers,
Wes

Any news on that?
Thanks!!!

Cheers,
Wes

Thanks!

Very sorry for the long wait. We have addressed the issue and and the fix will be in the 2.1. We are hoping to release soon, but are also looking to make sure we don't have a buggy update. With that said, I can't give an exact ETA just yet.

Cheers,
Wes

Cheers,
Wes

Any news on that?
Thanks!!!

Cheers,
Wes

Thanks!

Very sorry for the long wait. We have addressed the issue and and the fix will be in the 2.1. We are hoping to release soon, but are also looking to make sure we don't have a buggy update. With that said, I can't give an exact ETA just yet.

Cheers,
Wes

Happy to see that the problem was solved... it is working great!
Thanks a lot for your attention, Wes :)

Cheers,
Wes

Any news on that?
Thanks!!!

Cheers,
Wes

Thanks!

Cheers,
Wes

Happy to see that the problem was solved... it is working great!
Thanks a lot for your attention, Wes :)

No problem! Thanks very much for your support and patience : )

Cheers,
Wes

I have similiar problem on substance 2.1 and unity 2018.2.14f.  When i change the tiling in the material unity does not detect any changes so I can't commit the material tiling changes to source control. 

We have this problem still on 2018.3.11 and 2.2.2. Any tiling we set does not ge propagated over source control (Unity teams).

Hey there,

Having this issue myself now. has this issue been resolved?