Author Topic: 3d max crash when I use substance material  (Read 2716 times)

Hello I use 3d max 2018 with vray 3.60.03. When I use the plugin 3d max crashed (sometimes immediately, sometimes after a few minutes) and I get the message -
"An error has occurred and the application will close. It´s happend with material from substance source and selfmade material."

I tried on 2 different computers, on both it´s the same problem. It would be great, if someone can help me to fix this problem.

Regards Ulli

This is happening to me a lot as well.  I had assumed it was my work computer which is really old and out of date.  It was not happening on my new personal workstation.  This morning while trying to open a file containing substances on my laptop I got the error below in the screen cap.

My computer is not really out of date (Intel i7, 132GB RAM, 2x GTX 1080) so I don´t think that´s a problem of the performence. The error message you get is new to me.

Yeah I would say your system shouldnt be a problem.  I have an I7 64Gb Ram 2x 1070 cards at home and it runs fine.  But its crashing my office machine which was a 6core Xeon, 64gb RAM and at the time a crappy Quadro K2000, which IT changed out for a Quadro M4000 because it was in a machine not being used and still had issues.

Exact same issue - only it only crashes when I put a substance material on an asset and attempt to save. Then the system crashes. I've never had this issue until I installed the substance plugin so I can seamlessly transition things to Unreal. Again, like others it's not a system performance issue - (i7-6950X, 32GB, Quadro P4000).

Exact same issue - only it only crashes when I put a substance material on an asset and attempt to save. Then the system crashes. I've never had this issue until I installed the substance plugin so I can seamlessly transition things to Unreal. Again, like others it's not a system performance issue - (i7-6950X, 32GB, Quadro P4000).

Same issue (i7-7700HQ, 16GB, 1060 MAX_Q)