Author Topic: SP 2018.1.1 not working properly with pen tablet  (Read 1951 times)

Hi,
I'm having a huge problem with the SP 2018.1.1, and my Huion GT-221 Pro. It seems, that SP cannot properly recognize my pen buttons. Sometimes when I press my "middle click" button, SP recognizes it as such, but in most cases it doesn't, and it tries to just paint instead. Sometimes this happens just after starting the SP, sometimes after, say, toggling windows, and then returning to SP... Extremely annoying, as it makes working simply impossible. To finish my projects I had to revert to older version of SP. I haven't found any solutions to this do far... Any help please?

PS: My tablet is working fine with any other app I use. I'd gladly try to paint and reproduce the issue with my Wacom Intuos Pro, but last time I installed both tablets on the same machine, SP stopped working properly (didn't recognize pen pressure).

We are currently in the process of getting Huion tablets as part of our QA, hopefully we'll be able to reproduce and fix this issue in the near future.

I am also running into those issues...  :'(

Hope to have a fix for this soon.

Same issue here, I reported a bug for it. Using an xp-pen tablet though. After using left click the middle click button is treated as a left click instead. I reverted to 2018.1.0 which has the tablet buttons reversed but at least doesn't change any buttons to left click. What was wrong with the tablet buttons before the UI update though? Seems these updates only caused problems instead of fixing them.

Guys, any news on this? It's been months since last time you told us to be in the process of getting houion tablets to fix the issues.

same issue here using a dell canvas, the pen will not right click in the viewport its making the software impossible to use I have had to go back to the old steam version.

can we get an update on this issue?

We reported the issue to Huion since it was a driver issue. Right now it should be working back to normal on Mac OS after a driver update. For the other platform we are still waiting for a fix.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Yeah, Froyok, with all due respect, but this seems like a really bad/sad answer. It's been months since I can't use your software the way it's supposed to be used. And you tell me it's a driver issue, on the Huion side? I'm not a programmer, but could you explain me in simple words, why the hell is my tablet working great with ANY other software? And why are other guys, using other tablets (Dell, Xp-Pen and Wacom) experiencing similar issues? Ehhh, never mind, whatever, what the hell

I'm not a programmer, but could you explain me in simple words, why the hell is my tablet working great with ANY other software? And why are other guys, using other tablets (Dell, Xp-Pen and Wacom) experiencing similar issues?
I can't speak about other tablet constructors as I'm not aware of similar issues for them and I don't believe we did test on these hardware at the moment. As for Huion, we did multiples tests and even tried to fix ourselves the problem. The problem is that it was impossible to fix because the drivers was simply giving us wrong information in the first place.

Other software such as Photoshop have more drastic solutions which are more of less writing their own driver to support any tablet inside the software. We won't do that, at least not for now because it's quite an expensive and time consuming solution for us.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I can't speak about other tablet constructors as I'm not aware of similar issues for them and I don't believe we did test on these hardware at the moment. As for Huion, we did multiples tests and even tried to fix ourselves the problem.

Problems with pen buttons  mapping with different tablet brands were described in few posts on this forum, in threads you were active in, including this one (meyitzo mentioned his problems with dell like 2 or 3 posts above). So I'm pretty surprised you are not aware of similar issues with other tablets. Either they are completely different issues from programmer point of view despite looking the same from artists point of view, or, I don't know, not all the posts are visible to you? I bet it's the first, as I mentioned, I'm not a programmer, so I can only see the outside.

All the issues started after one of the updates as far as I'm concerned (with all the tablets I mean). All I know is, everything used to work, and suddenly, after one of the SP updates, it stopped. Now you tell me, that Huions drivers are causing all the problems (but they worked fine before). Worse, this thing goes for months, preventing me (and from what I know, not only me, and not only Huion tablet users) from using most up to date software, for which I payed (I mean, also for the updates, right?). And finally, as far as I understand, you tell me, that you (as Allegorthmic, not you personally) are not going to incorporate the same methods to make our tablets work properly as developers of ANY other software I use (not only Photoshop, but also ZBrush, Blender, Affinity, Krita), because it takes too much time as is too expensive.

As I mentioned, I'm not a programmer, and I only see the outside of the box. But I'm very disappointed with what I see. Let's wait for the Huion to fix the problem then. I don't see any point continuing this discussion.