Author Topic: Unity Material Layering Shader Deprecated  (Read 20339 times)

Hello,

After careful consideration, we have decided to no longer support the Unity material Layering shader. The shader will remain on Substance Share and is open for user modification and sharing. https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/2126

The main feature we will continue to support for material layering workflows is to export a json file from Painter. The Unity shader was mainly an example to showcase how this can be used in Unity.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Does this shader work in unity 2018.2? even with Substance in Unity installed I'm getting error messages

If it doesn't, what is the workflow to get dynamic material layering from painter working in unity 2018.2?

Does this shader work in unity 2018.2? even with Substance in Unity installed I'm getting error messages

If it doesn't, what is the workflow to get dynamic material layering from painter working in unity 2018.2?

Hi Roger,

I'm sorry but the shader doesn't work with the latest versions of Unity. Our team is not working on the shader currently, however, the source files are on share and can be modified. We are not offering a solution at this time as we have shifted the resources to work on the core Unity plugin.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja