Author Topic: Batch Tools 2017 compatibility with Sbs 2018  (Read 3498 times)

Hello,

I would like to ask if files made with Substance Designer 2018 can be converted with the sbscooker.exe version 2017.2.1 ?

It is because I try to convert some Sbs files to Sbsar and I have the following error messages.
(Or maybe is it the inverse, and I need to update all Sbs files from Designer 2017 to 2018 ?)

Error : [ERROR][SBSCooker]Fail to read package 'C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer/resources/packages/invert.sbs' (uid=1276103011)
Error : [ERROR][SBSCooker]      Application is too old to open URL
Error : URL : "file:///C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer/resources/packages/invert.sbs"
Error : Current application manages format version "1.1.0.20174" instead of "1.1.0.201803"
Error : [ERROR][SBSCooker](Error 6) Cannot open the package
Error : [ERROR][SBSCooker]Cooking fail [Error 6]
Jonathan Lefebvre
Technical artist/Developer
www.bigbadwolf.be

Hi,

Files created with a newer version of Substance Designer cannot be processed by an older version of a batch tool (here sbscooker).
You need to process them with a compatible version of sbscooker (this executable is available with your Substance Designer 2018 installation)

Hi, I'm having the same problem with sbsmutator.exe, which seems to be missing from the 2018 batch tools. Do you  perhaps have a separate download location for it?

[INFO][SBSMutator]AB1.sbs
[WARNING][SBSMutator]Application is too old to open URL
URL : "file:///D:/AB1.sbs"
Current application manages format version "1.1.0.201710" instead of "1.1.0.201803"
Cannot load: D:/AB1.sbs
[ERROR][SBSMutator]At least one input file cannot be correctly loaded.
[ERROR][SBSMutator]Terminating...
Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 06:58:51 pm

Hi,

We are working on making a release of the Automation toolkit for the latest version of the SBS file format. It will most likely be out soon. PM me if you need an emergency solution and I'll do my best to provide it to you.
I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks David, I'll keep an eye out.

Cheers, just downloaded latest toolkit and tested new sbsmutator. All good!