Author Topic: Exporting images  (Read 3606 times)

I seem to be missing something here.

The first time I export, SP creates a folder with the exported images. That's fine.

Anytime I want to export after that, I can't just select the same folder and have it overwrite the old images. If I try, SP just opens it for some reason. I have to either find it in explorer and delete them, or choose another folder.

How do I just overwrite the old images on export?

I seem to be missing something here.

The first time I export, SP creates a folder with the exported images. That's fine.

Anytime I want to export after that, I can't just select the same folder and have it overwrite the old images. If I try, SP just opens it for some reason. I have to either find it in explorer and delete them, or choose another folder.

How do I just overwrite the old images on export?

Hello,

We will continue to refine the export process. To overwrite the files, you need to make sure you type the same name you chose on the first export. It will then overwrite. It's cumbersome as you need to type out the name again instead of it remembering the info. Just type the name you choose for the first export. SP will append the rest of the name based on material name /channel type. 

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I don't mind typing out the name, but overwriting the old files is not what happens for me if I do what you described.

After the first export I have

If I type the same name as you described ('export' in this case), SP's export dialog just opens the folder - I get no choice in the matter. If I just retype the name again what I get is this:

Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 09:36:16 am

EDIT: Ups, I was in SP and not SD thread ^^ '

I have the same issue...  :-\

If you use the same name, it will go down into the already existing folder until the nothing with this name exist (file or folder) and create a new folder with the same sub folders... What I have to do right now to make it work, is delete my existing export folder and re-create it, in order for it to be located at the same previous location.

If you use the same name, it will go down into the already existing folder until the nothing with this name exist (file or folder) and create a new folder with the same sub folders... What I have to do right now to make it work, is delete my existing export folder and re-create it, in order for it to be located at the same previous location.

Hello,

When you export, the name you enter will become the export folder and SP will create a folder under that with the texture set name followed my the channels which are the exported textures. To overwrite, you need to type in the name of the root folder. Do not select the folder then type the name as it will add the folder again under the existing folder.

So if the folder is on the desktop, export to the desktop location where the existing folder is locating, then just type the name of the folder and click save. SP will then overwrite the images.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hello,

When you export, the name you enter will become the export folder and SP will create a folder under that with the texture set name followed my the channels which are the exported textures. To overwrite, you need to type in the name of the root folder. Do not select the folder then type the name as it will add the folder again under the existing folder.

So if the folder is on the desktop, export to the desktop location where the existing folder is locating, then just type the name of the folder and click save. SP will then overwrite the images.

Cheers,

Wes

That doesn't work. If you type the name of an existing folder (with nothing else selected), when you click save it doesn't overwrite anything, it opens the existing folder with the same name in the save dialog.
Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:04:43 pm

Hello,

Cheers,

Wes

That doesn't work. If you type the name of an existing folder (with nothing else selected), when you click save it doesn't overwrite anything, it opens the existing folderwith the same name in the save dialog.

That is strange. It works on my end and overwrites the files. Are you on the PC or Mac version?

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

PC version, png export.