Author Topic: Skyshop support?  (Read 2286 times)

So I've bought the Painter knowing that this is a beta and all but was just curious if SP will get Skyshop or rather SPEC/GLOSS PBL support at all.

What about SP? Should we start with a spec gloss if we are working toward unity 5 assets? Or should I work in metal roughness and convert when nessary.

It feels Unity is putting in PBR .5 shame really. And they are selling it as the new standard shader when it feels lacking. Perhaps they just wanted to keep it simple. But in the end its more confusing.

We will be adding the Spec/Gloss shader to SP like it is in SD. It would be best to work with spec/gloss. We do have a convert option currently, but its not accurate. The ideal workflow will be to work with Spec/Gloss channels and the Spec/Gloss shader. Then the export from SP will export the gloss map in the alpha of the specular. This will all be in place before Unity 5 is out of beta.

Cheers,

Wes

http://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,2349.0.html

So I've bought the Painter knowing that this is a beta and all but was just curious if SP will get Skyshop or rather SPEC/GLOSS PBL support at all.

Hi,

Yes, we will be adding Spec/Gloss shader as well as custom shader support.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

good to hear that!

:)

Cheers!

Hi,

Yes, we will be adding Spec/Gloss shader as well as custom shader support.

Cheers,

Wes

Yay.

Thanks for the update. Do we have a rough ETA? I'd understand if the information is yet to be shared but I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.