Author Topic: Substance Plugin 4.4.0.0 Released  (Read 8381 times)

http://www.allegorithmic.com/substance-ue4

Compatible with the new UE4.4 release, also new in this version:
- 32bit Windows Support
- Normal maps no longer forced to DXT5
- Substances can now be loaded and cached on game runtime, allowing for very small packaged builds.
- Users can now query the progress of substance processing, which is useful for loading bars or profiling

Enjoy!

enjoyable, sure it is Josh;
any way thank you all for the fast rebuild =)

Hi, tell me what i do wrong?
If i work on .sbsar inside editor UE 4.4, all perfect worked. :)
But if i package project, plugin not worked! :(

Please downloading image for see what happening. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qcy7m2tn740fkg/SD_insideUE4.4_editor.png

I created more than 200 materials, and now i forced to save fucking .jpg texture, for i do it to used in our game project, it's sad...
I want use all power .sbsar materials for create most epic game.

The plugin does work when packaging but you have to build the UE4Game yourself because of the plugin. See here for instructions: http://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,2052.msg9807.html#msg9807

Let me know how that goes for you.

i download from github, substance design plugin and I tried to build engine, but...
for me it's not working.

Error   1   error : UnrealLaunchDaemon does not support the Win64 platform.   E:\UnrealEngine-4.4-substance_plugin\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC   UnrealLaunchDaemon
Error   2   error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UnrealLaunchDaemon Win64 Development" exited with code -1.   C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets   38   5   UnrealLaunchDaemon

Hi Guys,

The plugin works rather well, but there is still an artefact when using seamless substances (which i already mailed about).

Is there any new information regarding this?

Cheers!

i download from github, substance design plugin and I tried to build engine, but...
for me it's not working.

Error   1   error : UnrealLaunchDaemon does not support the Win64 platform.   E:\UnrealEngine-4.4-substance_plugin\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC   UnrealLaunchDaemon
Error   2   error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UnrealLaunchDaemon Win64 Development" exited with code -1.   C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets   38   5   UnrealLaunchDaemon

Epic seems to indicate this is because UnrealLaunchDaemon is Mac only:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/23053/unreallaunchdaemon.html

Hi Guys,

The plugin works rather well, but there is still an artefact when using seamless substances (which i already mailed about).

Is there any new information regarding this?

Cheers!

We don't have anything new to report yet but I do recall it on the forums. Were you able to submit a bug report on it?

Hi Josh,

No, the bugreporter crashed, and when I mentioned that on the forum was asked to send an email to the bug email adress. I included the sbs files and another screenshot in that e-mail.

Cheers.

Okay Kay.Vriend, I'll grab the email and let you know what I come up with :)

Thanks much Josh!

Ill be lurking from time to time :)

Thanks, UE4.4.1 is out, does it work with this version?

Also, is the plan for the plug-in when creating a Package in UE4 to always require github+rebuild or will we lazy folk be able to just package things up in UE4 and expect it to work in the near future?

Just deciding whether I really want to take the time to figure things out if it will work more like Unity soon.  (probably a better question for Epic than Allegorithmic :) )

Thanks!
Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:53:58 pm

Thanks, UE4.4.1 is out, does it work with this version?

The plugin should work with 4.4.1 no problem :-)

Also, is the plan for the plug-in when creating a Package in UE4 to always require github+rebuild or will we lazy folk be able to just package things up in UE4 and expect it to work in the near future?

Just deciding whether I really want to take the time to figure things out if it will work more like Unity soon.  (probably a better question for Epic than Allegorithmic :) )

Thanks!

We provide the github source for those who need it but the zip file provided on the website is meant to be used for easy integration of ue4 and substance

Have you tried the zip file on the we page yet?