Author Topic: The 25 free Source Materials  (Read 1483 times)

Hi ,

where are the 25 free Source Materials mentioned in this allegorithmic article about UE4

I found the free 100 materials + 12 initial free source materials , which are combined represent the 112 shown in source library as free through unreal studio beta  ,

but i don't know where are the 25 free ones (shown in picture attached here from the Allego article about UE4 : https://www.allegorithmic.com/blog/substance-unreal-engine-4-materials-made-easy ).

thank you for your continuous support to help the community.
best regards.

The 25 free Source Materials

Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:52:25 am

Hi Carterpurify,

The 100 free materials are available to Unreal Studio users.
The 25 free ones shown on the blogpost you mentionned are available for "regular" Unreal Engine users with the latest version of the Substance plugin for UE4.

I hope this answers your question !
Best,
Marion
PO @ Allegorithmic

The 100 free materials are available to Unreal Studio users.

I hope this answers your question !
Best,
Marion

Hi Marion Marchive,

Thank you for clarifying that , though still confused ,

i have UE4 latest version 4.19 (install date 24 march )  , subscription to unreal studio beta is active for me hence i can see the free 100 source materials only through the source plugin ( or substance plugin ) . ( it displays 112 materials 100+12 initial materials Combined) , ( by initial i mean they were the first original free materials before the UE4 offer)

The 25 free ones shown on the blogpost you mentionned are available for "regular" Unreal Engine users with the latest version of the Substance plugin for UE4.

alternatively when i was a no active unreal studio user (a regular user) , through the substance plugin i can only see the 12 initial materials (and they are different from the 25 free mentioned in the blogpost) ,-see pictures attached-.

otherwise i also have the initial 12 free materials when i log in to the official source web page trough the browser .

Thank you,
Best Regards.

as Unreal Studio Beta user you can see here in this picture 112 materials free in total through substance source plugin.

as regular user you can see here in this picture just 12 materials free through substance source plugin(which are the original free ones ).

are available for "regular" Unreal Engine users with the latest version of the Substance plugin for UE4.

Or maybe the free 25 materials mentioned in the blogpost are also part of the 112 free materials  for unreal studio beta , i didn't check that yet ,

becuase i see the substance plugin is now part of the unreal studio beta section in the launcher so i thought maybe they just integrated the additional 25 free into the 112 free as part of unreal studio package. 

Thank you,
Best Regards.

Hello @Carterpurify,
Seeing only 12 assets in the standard UE4 version is indeed an issue and we are working on to reproducing what you are seeing. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and we will have a solution for this as soon as we can.  :D

Cheers!
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com