Author Topic: [Tablet] Pencil issue - delay  (Read 9206 times)

Same Issue here..

I use substance for hand paint texturing. My workflow includes:

- create layer(transparent)
- then paint as usual

The strokes are fine but after a while it starts to lag. Creating a new layer fixes the issue but I don't want to end up having too much layers since we can't merge or collapse layers.

I think I found a quick fix about the brush lag when painting.

turn off all brush properties when painting except color (metal,rough,nrm and height=off)

I'm doing hand painted textures, so this method worked for me since I don't need those. So far it is working for me

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I just wanted to say that I am also having this exact issue, and I am "handpainting" textures on one layer in this case. The mouse creates no lag, and the pen tablet has horrible lag. If I create a new layer, it works fine, but then it's going to be loaded with layers.

I have tried all the things the above people tried, and I wanted to point out when I was earlier working on this file it was fine, I then opened it up on a different computer and now my painted layers have incapacitating lag. I have tried it on multiple different computers now (each with different tablets), all with the same problem.

For now I'm just going to use more and more layers, but it does really seem to be tied to both the tablet pen and the amount of brush stokes in a layer.  :-\

Hi,

I couldn't find any newer thread about this issue than this one, so I'm not sure if there is a solution to this issue already?

In any case, I have the exact same issue that other people here; whenever I hand-draw using my wacom tablet (intuos pro PTH-660) I get terrible lags that make are impossible to ignore or work with... Once I switch to my mouse it works completely fine. rating new layers works as well for a while, but Projects just get super messy this way, so that's not really a solution.

Running on an i7-6700, 16GB Ram and a RTX2070 (all drivers updated, including the NVIDIA Studio ones).

Also disabled threaded-optimasation and vertical sync - though that didn't make a difference to me at all.

Hope there is some form of solution to this poblem! Thanks in advance!

Hi,

We are indeed aware of this issue, and we are working on finding a solution. Thank you all for your feedback :)

Nevertheless, do make sure you have the latest Wacom drivers (as well as Nvidia drivers). You can also create a separate profile for Painter in the Wacom settings, as well as experiment with Windows Ink on/off (also in Wacom settings).
Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 11:01:42 am
Valeria Gerontopoulos
Product Designer | 3D Artist

Same problem with latest version, this problem has been around for a couple of years and i still see no fix, it makes painting a chore.
Not using any overlapping UV's, using UDIM's, had this happen with another character that didn't have UDIM's, just painting lots of brush strokes on a layer, only color, turned off every other layer and still lags but painting with mouse works normally. On the brush i disabled pressure, some spacing, jitter on everything and a alpha that comes with the program to create random color for skin. Tried also disabling Windows INK and still lags only with tablet.
My specs:
CPU:I7 8700k 3.7GHz
GPU: GTX 1080TI 11 GB GDDR5
RAM: 64 GB
Tablet: Wacom Intuos 4 Medium.
Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 06:24:58 pm