Author Topic: Opacity map - PNG not exporting RGBA (alpha channel)  (Read 29640 times)

Hello guys,

Im tried to export an opacity map, but cannot get a RGBA (alpha channel) working.

Bellow are my settings, and end result (showing that alpha channel was not exported).
I tried with different files, all downloaded from substance source, and that are guaranteed to have an alpha channel for opacity.

Is this a bug? What should I do?

What are your substance painter export settings?
By default and opacity map is exported as a single channel greyscale texture, so that basically is the alpha you're looking for, it just doesn't contain the rgb values. Those would be in your basecolor texture.

I am having this same issue. It worked yesterday. What I did was bring in my mesh with PBR - metalic roughness. Baked the mesh maps. I then in shader settings, changed to pbr-metal-rough-with-alpha-blending, then added an opacity channel. On the material layer, I added a material, added a fill layer above it, set the opacity to 0. Added a black mask then used a brush to make holes in the mesh. When I went to export textures, under texture sets, the material had the opacity channel map added as a texture to export.
I did the same thing today and now it will not create a opacity texture. The only difference was that yesterday, the pbr-metal-rough-with-alpha-blending had behind it (outdated version). Unfortunately when I went back today to do it again, it no longer states that it is outdated and I am wondering if that is the problem.

What are your substance painter export settings?
By default and opacity map is exported as a single channel greyscale texture, so that basically is the alpha you're looking for, it just doesn't contain the rgb values. Those would be in your basecolor texture.

Hi, thanks for helping!

This is material downloaded from Substance Source:
https://source.substance3d.com/allassets/f8030a7543b8d9ec45c8129e48e35513f13e7a1c?player=true&q=gauze

I just opened on Substance Player, and exported (settings on original post).

But the exported opacity doesn't have Alpha Channel (RGBA), just RGB.