Author Topic: Viewport camera navigation problem (2018)  (Read 395 times)

There is something awry with the viewport navigation/ camera zoom/ camera translate in Painter 2018.

I'm using a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet, with camera translate mapped to 'ALT + middle-click' and camera zoom mapped to 'ALT + right-click' in Painter.

When I actually try to navigate in the viewport, this is messed up somehow. 'ALT + middle-click' zooms the camera view instead, and 'ALT + right-click' translates the camera.

This is very, very annoying.
Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:20:09 pm

I noticed the same thing and found this post while searching to make sure I wasn't crazy. I also noticed this was only an issue with the tablet and not my mouse. I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I found that an odd workaround is to swap the shortcuts, so set:

- Camera translate: Alt+Right
- Camera rotate: Alt+Middle

This made my table work as intended, but then made the mouse controls backwards. For me, this was fine since I'm using the tablet for navigation exclusively.

FWIW I'm using a Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch. Issue was on Windows 10 with Wacom drivers 6.3.28-3 and 6.3.29.4. I did not see the issue on macOS High Sierra.
Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:12:04 am