Author Topic: MODO 801/901 Plugin Open Beta  (Read 68789 times)

Hello,

We now have an 801 plugin! We know many have been waiting for 801 support for a long time, so we wanted to release an open beta to share with the community. We are very thankful for your support and patience.

You can download Mac and PC builds from the modo integration page: allegorithmic.com/substance-modo

I will update this post with the change log for new beta builds.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Allegorithmic

BUG REPORTING

Please post the issues/bugs you find here in this thread. You can also send them to me directly at wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com

DOWNLOAD 2.0.0 Build 143 https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxrdyi12tq5r6r3/substance_modo801_SP3_plugin_2.0.1-build143.zip?dl=0

2.0.0 - build 143 Release Notes

Changes
fix: dev: remove substance entries with no instances. (detail)
fix: usr: do not allow reload of a different substance on a newly create substance item. (detail)
fix: dev: various checks on null values (detail)
Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:51:46 pm
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

WooHoo!  I've been salivating for an update since 801 came out.  Thanks!  Off to test.

Great thing! Will check it out immediately!

Outchecked - my substance browser is working again - yeah! :-D
Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:12:31 pm

Wes,

How would you like bug reports?  Through the support mechanism or here since it's a beta?

I have a self created substance that I load and shows no properties (there aren't (m)any - it was my first - it's so simple it  shouldn't have been a substance, but I had grand plans).  When I click diffuse/specular/normal, Modo 801 crashes.  701 works fine with it.  I loaded a substance from the Substance Database and it acted fine.  Do I need to save the sbsar in a specific version of SD?

Thanks,
Mark

Wes,

How would you like bug reports?  Through the support mechanism or here since it's a beta?

I have a self created substance that I load and shows no properties (there aren't (m)any - it was my first - it's so simple it  shouldn't have been a substance, but I had grand plans).  When I click diffuse/specular/normal, Modo 801 crashes.  701 works fine with it.  I loaded a substance from the Substance Database and it acted fine.  Do I need to save the sbsar in a specific version of SD?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

I will discuss with the developers on where to submit bugs and post back here.

In terms of your sbsar, you shouldn't have to do anything different. Can you send me the SD project?

Cheers,

Wes

We now have an 801 plugin!

CHEEEEEEERS!

Wes,

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

In terms of your sbsar, you shouldn't have to do anything different. Can you send me the SD project?

Cheers,

Wes

I've got similar problems with self made substances from Designer. Modo crashes when I try click the textures in.

However, I had created a custom output to one of my substances, and that was the only one that worked without a crash. So when I replaced all the output nodes that had been generated by the system with output nodes that I created myself inside the graph (same identifiers, same labels, same usages etc.) then the sbsar file worked fine in Modo.

Perhaps that helps with finding where the problem is.

Very glad to see the Substance plugin inside my modo though! Keep up the good work!

Markku

Wes,

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Cheers,

Wes

I've got similar problems with self made substances from Designer. Modo crashes when I try click the textures in.

However, I had created a custom output to one of my substances, and that was the only one that worked without a crash. So when I replaced all the output nodes that had been generated by the system with output nodes that I created myself inside the graph (same identifiers, same labels, same usages etc.) then the sbsar file worked fine in Modo.

Perhaps that helps with finding where the problem is.

Very glad to see the Substance plugin inside my modo though! Keep up the good work!

Markku

HI Markku,

Can you please send me the source sbs files so I can take a look and create a ticket for the developers?

Cheers,

Wes

Hi, good to see an 801 substance plugin.
I've had some mixed success with it. I'm just downloading that video, haven't watched it yet, but atm .. is the only way to load a substance via the textures menu? I've tried loading via the shader tree... add layer, other substance, but there must be an issue as the substance props tag shows substance.parametersasformcontrols and you cannot load an sbsar. If you use menu, texture, substance, substance create, the props tag show load sbsar and it works (most of the time... ) I've had this crash modo using the make_it_a_parquet.sbsar and bitmap2material_2.sbsar. ie trying to see if b2m works inside modo 801. Modo has not crashed loading asphalt, wood, shutter and old painted planks sbsar's.

I've also had a few issues with the loading of substances and the mat not updating in the OGl and the f8 preview window. (I'll test a bit more before I post further on that..)

Cheers!

ps.. ok  I've just seen the "report a bug" tag fly out on the browser window, do you want bugs for the beta posted there, or here?
Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:48:11 am

Hi, good to see an 801 substance plugin.
I've had some mixed success with it. I'm just downloading that video, haven't watched it yet, but atm .. is the only way to load a substance via the textures menu? I've tried loading via the shader tree... add layer, other substance, but there must be an issue as the substance props tag shows substance.parametersasformcontrols and you cannot load an sbsar. If you use menu, texture, substance, substance create, the props tag show load sbsar and it works (most of the time... ) I've had this crash modo using the make_it_a_parquet.sbsar and bitmap2material_2.sbsar. ie trying to see if b2m works inside modo 801. Modo has not crashed loading asphalt, wood, shutter and old painted planks sbsar's.

I've also had a few issues with the loading of substances and the mat not updating in the OGl and the f8 preview window. (I'll test a bit more before I post further on that..)

Cheers!

ps.. ok  I've just seen the "report a bug" tag fly out on the browser window, do you want bugs for the beta posted there, or here?

Hi,

I updated the main post to reflect the bug reporting procedure. Please post them here or send it to me at wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com

Cheers,

Wes

Should we expect 701 files with the earlier plug-in to keep their substances when loaded in 801 with the beta (mine didn't, but could be path issue - still examining)?  Should we expect future versions of the 801 plug-in to keep their substances?

Thanks,
Mark

Should we expect 701 files with the earlier plug-in to keep their substances when loaded in 801 with the beta (mine didn't, but could be path issue - still examining)?  Should we expect future versions of the 801 plug-in to keep their substances?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

At this time, the plugin will not be compatible with 701 files. We will be looking into a conversion/update tool. We really want to have backwards compatibility with 701 files, but it will take some time to create a solution. There were many architecture changes from 701-801 and this has unfortunately forced our path.  We will have more information as development continues.

Cheers,

Wes

Wes, it's an inconvenience mostly.  I'm more worried if, going forward, we will continue to need to re-assign substances as the 801 plugin is updated.

Thanks,
Mark

Wes, it's an inconvenience mostly.  I'm more worried if, going forward, we will continue to need to re-assign substances as the 801 plugin is updated.

Thanks,
Mark

Hey Mark,

Oh, I see. Going forward, updates to the beta 801 plugin will always work with 801 substance plugin scenes from previous betas. That will not be an issue. Its the 701 scenes with Substance that are not compatible. You can open those scenes, but the substances will not be applied at this time.

Cheers,
Wes

I'm crashing Modo each time I click diffuse. So create a material group, >Texture > Substance, then in the Substance panel in the shader tree, Add Sbsar - this all works but when I click to add diffuse, crash. Haven't found any substances that work so far.