Author Topic: Getting started with the Automation Toolkit  (Read 2542 times)

Hey guys!

I want to get started with the Automation Toolkit and would like to know which sources are best to get started.

My skills:
-4 years of experience of coding in C#.
-2 years of Substance Designer & Painter.
-6 years of 3Ds Max.
-No python knowledge.

My thought is that it should be easy to pick up but I have no idea where to start.

Is there anything besides the documentation I should look into?

Hey, we are aware there is not that much info for now (we are going to produce more educational stuff on this).
You can join the discord server and discuss with the actual users.

Hey, we are aware there is not that much info for now (we are going to produce more educational stuff on this).
You can join the discord server and discuss with the actual users.

Haha, that is not exactly an answer. I've read most of the documentation and could not make much of it. So my knowledge level of python & command line is not sufficient enough yet. I'm starting some python courses in the upcoming week. Are there other things I need to master beyond that to set-up a pipeline?

Btw, why did you guys choose to exclude the demo material from the regular license? Would it not make sense to make educational material accessible for everyone so more people can learn how to use it and thus get you more revenue? Now it seems like you guys are using it as leverage to make people go for the enterprise membership which is a bit silly.

Hi,

The sample is not included in the Indie package due to rights on the assets used which cannot be shared in a Indie license.

Cheers,
Head of Product Management

@Vincent
Thanks for the links! Will surely check them out!

Hi,

The sample is not included in the Indie package due to rights on the assets used which cannot be shared in a Indie license.

Cheers,
Fair enough.