Author Topic: Why so Sloooow?  (Read 4054 times)

Ok i have GeForce with 4GB and 16 RAM
even an little box from .obj with one texture working like it diyng!

in another 3D software everything run much much faster
I look to the your Performance tip
audio drivers can disturb your software seriously?

I'm just going to piggy back on this thread because painting in substance is soooo slow for me too. I've seen a lot of people address this in the forums but I haven't seen anyone resolve the issues. I checked the performance page but it didn't help.

I have a Titan Pascal, Xeon X5650 and 128GB of RAM installed. Substance Painter is the only program I have performance issues with...no idea why.

Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 08:16:31 pm

Could you please post a video of the performance issue you are seeing? It's hard for us to figure out what could be the problem without seeing where and when performance issues appear.

Could you please post a video of the performance issue you are seeing? It's hard for us to figure out what could be the problem without seeing where and when performance issues appear.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12MX137wG9vEBS2uMbkf4TO07Spf765Pl/view?usp=sharing

Check it out.

same shit
May be it's GeForce GTX 760 4Gb  is too old
but Assassin Origin, and 2D and 3D softwares works good under high pressure

and in Substance even loading or tiling of texture - work very sloooow
Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 04:30:06 pm

same shit
May be it's GeForce GTX 760 4Gb  is too old
but Assassin Origin, and 2D and 3D softwares works good under high pressure

and in Substance even loading or tiling of texture - work very sloooow

I have an Titan Pascal with 12GB but it is still acting poorly, as seen in the video above. Would love to resolve this problem.

I have an Titan Pascal with 12GB but it is still acting poorly, as seen in the video above. Would love to resolve this problem.
wow

so it's programm problem
may be it's really some audio driver? (madness)

@a.james.sanford The performance you are seeing is definitely not normal. Paiting at 4k on a simple layer like this should be smooth even on a low end GPU. Does it happen on any project you try to work on?

me using standart testing box
cashe editing to 10gb and to 0 did nothing
Nvidia drivers - latest

@a.james.sanford The performance you are seeing is definitely not normal. Paiting at 4k on a simple layer like this should be smooth even on a low end GPU. Does it happen on any project you try to work on?

It happens on all my substance painter projects. Outside of substance all other programs I use run normal; C4D, Mari, Octane, Zrbush, Adobe, ETC.

EDIT: I just tried the MeetMat project and I can paint smoother on that but it is still not perfectly smooth.
Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:16:32 pm

Yes Mari trial - flying on 11mb geometry
ALSO Substance revert normals of geometry from obj from standart DAZ model (no one option helps in export/import)
But in Mari everything good

But i soo want to use Painter/Designer pipeline  :( :( :(

NB Painter a little freeze when i start painting and than go little more smoth
and freezing when i create new layer
Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:11:05 pm

Yes Mari trial - flying on 11mb geometry
ALSO Substance revert normals of geometry from obj from standart DAZ model (no one option helps in export/import)
But in Mari everything good

But i soo want to use Painter/Designer pipeline  :( :( :(

Me too. I love the setup and workflow of Substance but I have to use Mari because Substance just can't do so many things Mari can....I'd be happy if I could resolve this painting issue though and use it for basic things.

After some more experimenting I am realizing that Substance Painter really starts to lagging with medium to large meshes. I primarily work on pieces that are machined into large sculptures so I tend not to have the video game workflow of low poly baked details.

Is this a known issues with Substance dealing with non-low poly models?

Hi Guys,

- From the video, I can see several software running at the same time, this could be one of your problems.

- When you say Medium to Large meshes, could you be more explicit or maybe send me one of your meshes and/or Projects to investigate your issue ?

- @waltage could you send me your log file please https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Exporting+the+log+file

- When you are painting is it possible with MSI Afterburner your GPU and memory activity ?

Here is our documentation regarding performances: https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Performances

Regards,
QA Analyst and Technical Artist at Allegorithmic