Author Topic: Getting error message 3ds max 2018 while in Asset Store downloading substance?  (Read 952 times)

Hello,

I am unable to download my substances and or purchase new ones in the 3ds Max 2018 content asset library.

Please see attached and notice that there is no file size with the substance either?

In my download folder location, all folders are created and it's only the substance that is missing.
Therefore, the download of folders is working and it could be that the file size at 0 size could be the problem?

Please advise; it would be great to have this feature even though my default renderer, Redshift3d is not on the list. 

Thanks!

Hello,

I am unable to download my substances and or purchase new ones in the 3ds Max 2018 content asset library.

Please see attached and notice that there is no file size with the substance either?

In my download folder location, all folders are created and it's only the substance that is missing.
Therefore, the download of folders is working and it could be that the file size at 0 size could be the problem?

Please advise; it would be great to have this feature even though my default renderer, Redshift3d is not on the list. 

Thanks!

Hi,

I reported this issue to the Autodesk devs. Unfortunately, this isn't an issue we can resolve ourselves. Thank you for posting the screen shots. I sent those to the AD devs.

For Redshift, this is a renderer we will be supporting in the future. We just didn't have the time to add it to the 1.0 release, but it will be coming.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

Autodesk logged in to my computer yesterday, and saw 1st hand all of the errors etc..., and said that they will get back to me as soon as they can figure out why this is happening?

So happy to read that you will be supporting Redshift3d in the renderer.  It will be so helpful to have this available when I am working in Substance Designer along with downloading materials right into 3ds Max from the Substance Source library - hopefully Redshift3d render ready from the get go! 

Thanks!