Author Topic: How to add new AO?  (Read 1613 times)

Hi, guys, I 've got a question about AO texture.
When I bake the textures, AO info will be baked from my high model, but if I add more details in painter, say, using the height channel, the bump effect would appear, but the AO info still looks all blank (white), my question is, how to create an AO texture which contains not only the info from my high model but also the additional details that I create in painter.

Add an Ambient Occlusion channel to your texture set, find the MatFx HBAO filter in the shelf, drag and drop it on top of your layer stack, that should work.

Thanks for the answer, I 'll try it.  :)

Add an Ambient Occlusion channel to your texture set, find the MatFx HBAO filter in the shelf, drag and drop it on top of your layer stack, that should work.

Thank you for this answer! I've spent a couple of hours googling before I came across this. Please add this kind of information to your documentation. Or if it is already there, make it searchable. Some of these filters are not self explaining. A suggestion would be to do a simple youtube video going through the different filters and such in order, showing in simple terms how, where and why to use them. I should not have to dig through a 1 hour texture tutorial video to get a 30 second explanation for something.

this should really be added to the Painter documentation