Author Topic: Strange "dots" in normal map  (Read 526 times)

Hi guys

I'm new to Substance Painter, and I'm trying to bake normal maps and ambient occlusion map from a high poly mesh to a low poly mesh. I've done that in a lot of parts from a truck trailer (suspension, fenders, tires and etc.), but now it's not working properly. I've made the tarpaulin of the trailer (it's a dump trailer). I made the high poly version in blender, using cloth simulation (yes, it's very high poly. around 60k polys), and a friend who is better with low poly stuff made the low poly version for me.

Low poly

High poly

I spent around 8 hours of my day trying to bake the textures of this tarpaulin, and only one time it worked (after that the power dropped and I lost my work).

Can anyone tell me what is happening, why this is happening, and how can I fix that?
Bachelor in Computer Science, almost a musician, and when I have time, try to learn something about 3D Models for games

Can you share the model (OBJ of both highres and lowres objects)?

Actually I solved the problem this morning. The way I was exporting the High Poly model was interfering in how it was importing in SP.

Because it was too heavy and I was exporting in the wrong way, it was causing this in SP.

The final result is this:

There just things I still want to do, but it's just little details.

Programs used:
Blender: high poly mesh using cloth;
3DS Max: Low poly mesh;
Substance Painter: baked Normal map and ambient occlusion;
Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop: Randon Linha R logo and textures little rework;
Zmodeler: Materials and (in the future) conversion for SCS Software games;

Thanks! Hope you like the final result.
Bachelor in Computer Science, almost a musician, and when I have time, try to learn something about 3D Models for games