Author Topic: How to switch between bitmaps and color inputs?  (Read 2321 times)

Hi guys,

What's the approved method of switching from bitmaps for testing and color inputs for saving substances used by other substances?

I've currently got all my inputs pulled off to one side (often with long wires to where they need to go) and in pairs. One bitmap and one input. Then I have to re-wire them all from one to the other while testing and in the reverse direction when saving for use in another substance.

This seems wrong. How do you normally go about this?

Thanks

Oh and the same sort of question for exposed controls. Once I've exposed them I can't change them in the substance for testing very easily.

Thanks

Hi guys,

What's the approved method of switching from bitmaps for testing and color inputs for saving substances used by other substances?

I've currently got all my inputs pulled off to one side (often with long wires to where they need to go) and in pairs. One bitmap and one input. Then I have to re-wire them all from one to the other while testing and in the reverse direction when saving for use in another substance.

This seems wrong. How do you normally go about this?

Thanks

I'm not sure this is the best method, but what I do, is to create a "placeholder" graph in the same package, that contains the original graph (the one with the color input nodes).
I will then assign this placeholder to the mesh to view the result in 3D.
I like doing so as I can easily propagate the result of a substance to several parts of a character for example.

You don't need to create an additional bitmap node along your input node. You can directly drag'n'drop a bitmap on the input node to use it for previewing.

Ah perfect, thanks  Cyrille. I must have missed how to do that.