Author Topic: Imported .OBJ turns pink and crashes the software.  (Read 2063 times)

Hi, first of all I'm on a mac. My problem is as it says in the subject area. I'm trying to import an .OBJ, the mesh shows up and then it crashes substance painter. I tried to do the same on a different mac and there are no problems.
I get the usual errors like "failed to locate the material aiStandardSurface1SG" but when the mesh is completely imported I get another error : "[GenericMaterial] lib-bayer.glsl:32 | ERROR: 3:32: No matching function for call to bayer(int, int)"
Which i have googled without results.

I'm currently running a MAC OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
and substance painter 4.2

I'll attach some images.

Btw I tried to open one of the "template files" with the same result except that the mesh didn't turn pink.
And I found another error that might be interesting too look at.

Please attach a log file but by the look of it, it's likely that your GPU doesn't meet the requirements for Painter.

Now i've attached a log, I can't get it after the import because the software crashes so i just exported it before importing the mesh, hope that works. And i can't find any log manually, there's just a license file where the log should be.

I don't see any log file attached.
Note that you can also retrieve it manually even if the application crash. See : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Exporting+the+log+file
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.