Author Topic: Substance Source download error in Painter  (Read 3033 times)

Hi, when I try to download any substance from Substance Source within painter I get the following message:

[Script] :28: ResourcesError: Preload of C:/Users/Chris/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/plugins/substance-source/Temp/jungle_ground_roots.sbsar failed. Doesn't point to a valid resource.

[Script] :80: FileIOError: Write failed

This happens with every substance and I may have wasted a couple of downloads to test it. (Wasn't sure how the downloads system worked not having tested it for years)

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Having the same prob here. I just came to the forum to see if there was something wrong

The same problem here too. Troubling... :-\

The only workaround to this problem is to download the materials thorough a browser and then manually import them to Painter. Maybe there is some better way to do it, but at the moment this is the only way I know. 

Hi Guys,

The issue you reported is now fixed in the current under development version of Painter. It will be released next week.
Please let us know if you still experience the same behavior in the next version of Substance Painter 2017.4.2.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.   

Regards,
QA Analyst and Technical Artist at Allegorithmic

Ah so it's not just me. Thanks for the reply.

Hi Guys,

The issue you reported is now fixed in the current under development version of Painter. It will be released next week.
Please let us know if you still experience the same behavior in the next version of Substance Painter 2017.4.2.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.   

Regards,

Just updated to 2017.4.2 today and getting the same issue.

Here's the log for the error:

[Plugin - substance-source] 15: saveToFile ERROR!
[Plugin - substance-source] Downloading Rifle Stock...
[Plugin - substance-source] Asset wood_rifle_stock.sbsar Downloaded from Source, now transferring to shelf
[Script] :28: ResourcesError: Preload of C:/Users/Shado/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/plugins/substance-source/Temp/wood_rifle_stock.sbsar failed. Doesn't point to a valid resource.
[Script] :80: FileIOError: Write failed

The last line then loops for the error and causes a memory leak. I have to disable or restart the plugin to stop the memory leak at that point.

Here's my build version:

Substance Painter, version 2017.4.2
Build 2052 - 0bbe64550a102bbcc0d31b0ca79d9ec255faaf39

EDIT:

Restarted my machine and it's fixed now. Disregard! :D
Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 09:54:15 pm

Forgot to update you on this,

The update did in fact fix the issue. Thanks :)

BUMP!

This issue still persists. Please advise.

Hi @CJBoucher

Which version of Substance Painter are you using?
The issue talked about in this thread was fixed in early 2018, so maybe the issue you are talking about is not the same?
PO @ Allegorithmic

Hi @CJBoucher

Which version of Substance Painter are you using?
The issue talked about in this thread was fixed in early 2018, so maybe the issue you are talking about is not the same?

Hi Marion. I'm using the most current version of Substance Painter.

@CJBoucher
I moved the other topic you had opened to the Painter board as they will be the ones able to resolve the issue appening there https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,32312.0.html
To be able to help you they need your log file!
PO @ Allegorithmic

Thank you!