Author Topic: Cannot get substances from Source (in Painter)  (Read 2865 times)

I asked IT at the studio whether they had any clue but was directed to you for support about this.

Here's the deal; I've used Substance Source a lot, and last week I had no issues using it. This week however I'm getting this error message below. I've pasted a complete log of me starting Painter, load Source, login and download a substance.

IT confirmed I have read/write rights to folders and files.
We could find the sbsar file in the Temp folder, but for some reason the file is not copied over to the shelf so it appears in Painter.

Code: [Select]
[Scene 3D] 3D scene successfully loaded
[Plugins] Loading plugin autosave
[Plugins] Loading plugin dcc-live-link
[Plugins] Loading plugin photoshop-export
[Plugins] Loading plugin resources-updater
[Plugins] Loading plugin substance-source
[Plugin - substance-source] Loading Substance Source assets...
[Plugin - substance-source] Total number of assets: 1292
[Plugin - substance-source] Downloading Old Knotty Wood...
[Plugin - substance-source] Asset wood_knotty_old.sbsar Downloaded from Source, now transferring to shelf
[Script] :28: ResourcesError: Preload of C:/Users/ola.haldor/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/plugins/substance-source/Temp/wood_knotty_old.sbsar failed. Doesn't point to a valid resource.
[Script] :80: FileIOError: Write failed

I've attached the log file as well.
I removed the redundant thousands of lines repeating itself.. It just keeps going with the "write failed" lines, which makes Painter impossible to work with because of a severe performance loss.

It seems, that this is a bigger problem, because like my threat:
 https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,21894.0.html, i have the same problem.

A change has been made on the Source website that broke our plugin, we have a fix coming soon.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I have the same problem. Anxiously waiting for that fix.
Any work around in the mid time?

Cheers

Download them from the website and place them in the F:\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\resources\shelf\allegorithmic\materials

--Within materials make a folder for the type of material i.e. Ground, if not already there, and they show up in the substance shelf