Author Topic: Units Relative to Output Size  (Read 943 times)

Hello!

I like to work in 1024/2048 for performance but preview and export in 4096. But when switching to a higher resolution there can be a significant change in visual appearance, where all I want is increased resolution. So I constantly have to go back and change a load of things in my graph, the blur filters for example are a common problem as the intensity seems dependents on output size.

So it would be amazing if the values were relative to the output size so when changing resolution the appearance remains the same, only with increased fidelity.

Thanks

Dann

Everything should scale properly. Can you show parts of your graph that cause problems?

Everything should scale properly. Can you show parts of your graph that cause problems?

Digging a little deeper, not sure it is the blur that's the issue. Possibly curvature? Please see attached examples of the difference between 1024 & 2048 output. You see the greatest different is in the edge highlight which I'm using a sobel curvature, non-uniform blur and histogram select to create a mask.

Huh, looks like you're right.
Curvature and curvature sobel both give inconsistent results when changing resolution.
Reference for staff/others:

(Levels node only upscales the 1k version to 2k)

Curvature smooth seems to be fine though.

For now I would set your curvature nodes to absolute resolution and set them to your target resolution, with the next node being relative to parent, so the rest of your graph is still in your preview res.

Huh, looks like you're right.
Curvature and curvature sobel both give inconsistent results when changing resolution.
Reference for staff/others:

(Levels node only upscales the 1k version to 2k)

Curvature smooth seems to be fine though.

For now I would set your curvature nodes to absolute resolution and set them to your target resolution, with the next node being relative to parent, so the rest of your graph is still in your preview res.

Good spot!