Author Topic: Driver Update Issue  (Read 8858 times)

Everytime i start my substance painter, it says my drivers are outdated, but i have the LATEST nvidia driver.
My substance version is 2017.4.1 / Build 1981
I installed a fresh driver version.
How to solve this? Is this a bug?

Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:52:29 am

1) If I were in your place, I would use: DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) is a driver removal utility that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, driver store).

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

note: I only used the version 17.0.7.2 (with excellent result)

2) remember to RESTORE Windows, every 6 months.

Usually if you have a warning about outdated drivers even if you drivers are up to date, it is because they are not properly installer. So when we ask the drivers they number, they don't report the properly value.

A clean reinstall should help get everything back in order.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Guys, this error is still showing. Did all you told to.. clean reinstall, restarted, whatever. And also, used that software to uninstall it..
and its showing the same message..

[GPUIssuesCheck] says driver is outdated 

Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:25:37 am

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Here it is. thanks.

Any progress? iM Experiencing some crashes while using the software.
Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:36:28 pm

The latest Nvidia dirvers (91.01) cause instabilities in Painter and we recomment reverting to the previous version.

Hey Jeremie,
wich Driver is recomendet for Substance Painter 2017.4.2 ?
Best Regards Robert

edit: 390.77 works fine for me
Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 10:01:32 am

-----------

Still showing that is outdated... :s
Did that clean installation with that latest fixed driver. Nothing helped.
Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 03:51:46 am

Hello.. nothing .. tried rolling back driver and software.
Did a rollback for substance 3.3
Did a rollback for 388.71 nvidia driver version.
Nothing happened. Still showing same message.

After extensively trying to run it without problems, i found it out. Theres a software, from APPLE, called DUET DISPLAY. Its screwing SUBSTANCE PAINTER GpuCheck showing an outdated driver message. Could you guys find out a way to solve this problem so i could use both softwares? Mine is the simple version.
https://www.duetdisplay.com/

Thanks for getting back to us with your findings. We'll investigate to better understand what is going in here. At this point, I unfortunately can't tell if this is something we will be able to solve on our end.