Author Topic: Export texture sets as one  (Read 9428 times)

In my 3d program I assigned the mesh multiple materials for ease of painting. Now that I have painted the entire thing, i find out that the materials exports individually. Is there a way to merge them? Doing it in photoshop will be a big hassle. Should I just use material ID's in the future?

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Is it possible to set up seperate materials in such a way that would enable them to be exported as one?

No. Combining texture sets is not supported at the moment.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

... but is a long awaited feature, and definetly should be implemented ;)

Any News for this?

It would be super helpful because working with multiple materials gives the ability to hide geometry.
A mess that i cant combine them later on to one material.

We posted an official statement on this matter over here : https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,16732.0.html
-----------