Author Topic: Brush problem  (Read 4761 times)

I am on a MAC and I have the latest version of Painter and can't seem to get the stroke on the brush tool to work properly. I have gone through all the tutorials on the attributes and understand them and how to set them up. Whats even more frustrating is that I have seen videos with others using the brush tool with the exact same settings and it works properly. I can't seem to get it to simply make a complete stroke it acts like a stamp ( when I left click the mouse) and as soon as I click agian it replaces the last artifact it created with the new one. The brush tool does not paint in a steady stroke but when I am using the stencil materials it will paint a steady stroke? HELP

I am on a MAC and I have the latest version of Painter and can't seem to get the stroke on the brush tool to work properly. I have gone through all the tutorials on the attributes and understand them and how to set them up. Whats even more frustrating is that I have seen videos with others using the brush tool with the exact same settings and it works properly. I can't seem to get it to simply make a complete stroke it acts like a stamp ( when I left click the mouse) and as soon as I click agian it replaces the last artifact it created with the new one. The brush tool does not paint in a steady stroke but when I am using the stencil materials it will paint a steady stroke? HELP

Hello,

That is definitely strange. I am on mac and haven't had this issue. Did this issue appear with the latest version of Painter? Where you using painter before and in the latest version, the stroke issue appeared? Also, are you using your own mesh or the default mesh?

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I installed Painter at the beginning of the summer and have updated every time it warned me there was a new version and this problem happens on the default mesh and my own it is very frustrating I just updated again and it is still happening. ( it is not the spacing )

This sounds exactly the same as the issue I'm still having.

http://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,1807.0.html

I just installed painter on  anew PC laptop and the brush and particles worked as expected. I wanted to post a video of the MAC version that shows the same issue as the earlier  post. 

I'm having the same issue as meshula and DDawson. I have the same hardware as meshula, I believe the GPU in our macs are too old. The guys working on Mari said they wouldn't support our GPU cause it didn't support the function needed to project the stroke correctly, its some incompatibilities with the versions of OpenGL available to us. Must be the same for Painter, am I right?