Author Topic: Something wrong with my substance  (Read 1819 times)

Hey guys, one of my substances won't work for some reason. It previews just fine in SD and Substance Player but not anywhere else. At first I thought the problem was only in UE4 but then I tried bringing it into Maya too, and I got the same result. It seems to just output the pixel at the very center of the image or something, at least that's what I think it does.

I've tried remaking it and basically everything else I can think of, but it just won't work. Could anyone take a look at it for me and see if there's something wrong with it? (And if there's a way to fix it)

Thanks

Hi,

It's related to a difference between our CPU and GPU engine. In some corner cases you can get differences.
In Substance Designer, I guess you use the GPU (Direct3D 10) engine and the integrations use the CPU (SSE2) engine. In SD you can change using "F9" shortcut; this way you'll have exactly the same result between what you get in SD and Maya/UE.

I checked your graph and it's due to the levels that have really close keys (just after the "Weave generator"), the value of "0.9986" is quiet high, you can use something around "0.995" and it should be ok.
I joined a "corrected" graph to this ticket.

Cheers
Lead technical artist
gaetan.lassagne@allegorithmic.com

Awesomeness. Thanks bro, I'll be sure to keep this in mind from now on.