Author Topic: Substance Painter 2017.4.0 hangs when painting on regular paint layer  (Read 1694 times)

Hi

As the subject says. Painter hangs within 10 seconds of starting to paint on a regular paint layer, I recreate the problem by starting substance, load the Preview Sphere sample file and start painting.

My System:

Windows 10 build 1709
Substance Painter 2017.4.0

Core i7 6700k
32gb ram
AMD Radeon RX Vega56, driver 17.11.1 WHQL driver.
SSD Drive
XP-Pen Artist22e, beta driver for Win10 1709 build. However, this works great in all other applications I tested. And it doesnt matter if I have it plugged in or not, still same result.

If I paint slowly across the surface it seems to last longer before it hangs but as soon as I start to paint at a regular pace it hangs and I can't recover from it. No logs other than before it hangs can be extracted as far as I know.  Is there a debug mode I can turn on? Any ideas? Could it be the RX Vega that is not compatible?

/erik

Hi Erik,

We are very sorry for this issue. The devs have received additional reports using a similar configuration. The team is investigating the issue. I have alerted them to this thread as well.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi thanks for your answer.

For me this has been fixed with the new driver from AMD, Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1. It was released 2 days ago on december 12 2017. I hope this fixes the issue for other people as well.

/erik