Author Topic: can't make a connection  (Read 659 times)

Hi everyone,

i tried to simplify a complex graph so took a selection of nodes  and made a graph from it then put it back as one node into the complex graph , my problem i can't make a connection to one of its 2 inputs that is a ambient occlusion  ,

here is in picture below the connection i'm trying to make represented in dots .

You're trying to connect an output to a node that's partially repsonsible for the creation of that output... which would create an infinite loop.

It's hard to tell which node is supposed to be attached to what, here, but I suspect that something got hooked up to something it wasn't supposed to.

You're trying to connect an output to a node that's partially repsonsible for the creation of that output... which would create an infinite loop.

It's hard to tell which node is supposed to be attached to what, here, but I suspect that something got hooked up to something it wasn't supposed to.

Hi,

thank you for your help , and yes you got it right ,i'm running into a loop ,the blend node output connecting to the input of the sub graph node is outputting again to the levels which is leading back to the same blend node , so i had to pull out this whole section between the blend node and itself from the sub graph node  into the main graph again.

another issue i'm falling into is those sub graphs have inputs to them so they are outputing correctly only when placed in the main graph , but when i return to read them individually they are missing the inputs so the inside is broken ,

so how can i maintain sub graphs that are readable both on standalone and in the main graph position .

Thank you very much  :)