Author Topic: Direct3D Engine  (Read 1984 times)

Hi,

I just want to know how can I switch the direct3D 10 engine to direct3D 11 for use in SD? There have a d3d10.dll file in plugin folder, can I get the d3d11.dll file to put inside to this folder?

Another question is, I have a directx 11 installed on my PC, does the direct3D 11 is part of directx 11? I wondering don't have d3d 11 in marmoset toolbag to present my substance, because marmoset toolbag is required d3d 11 to work, right?

I appreciate anyone can help
Thanks

Hi,

I just want to know how can I switch the direct3D 10 engine to direct3D 11 for use in SD? There have a d3d10.dll file in plugin folder, can I get the d3d11.dll file to put inside to this folder?

Another question is, I have a directx 11 installed on my PC, does the direct3D 11 is part of directx 11? I wondering don't have d3d 11 in marmoset toolbag to present my substance, because marmoset toolbag is required d3d 11 to work, right?

I appreciate anyone can help
Thanks

Currently Substance Designer does not support D3D 11, however all the features that D3D support are supported by the current engines inside SD. Features such as tessellation and parallax occlusion are all supported on D3D10, therefore there would be no advantages to upgrading to D3D11.

I cannot speak to Marmoset as I don't use it, but if you have DX11 installed on your computer you will have all the required libraries to run Marmoset.