Author Topic: Help me with dynamic material layering  (Read 670 times)

Hi folks i saw the dynamic material layering tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVXroe8e88s) now I am using substance painter 2017.3.2 in this version i can't see opacity channel i can see only blending mask channel. i just follow the tutorial but it wont work anyone know how to do that? the major issue is the smart mask wont work . when i select the mask 1 and add fill layer then apply smart mask still i saw the material 1 only material 2 is not shown with the mask pls help me

thanks
absathish

The opacity has been renamed as Blending Mask in more recent versions.
Could you post a screenshot of your setup?

Here is the setup image am doing this right way? when i aplly smart mask to the fill layer its not working

When using material layering, you should apply generators and effects to the layer itself, not to its mask, since your layer stack in this case is already a mask in itself.

Thank u so much, its bcoz of i just follow the video and was like to use smart masks (in the video the smart mask has been used). but now i am using generators and filters. then i cant get the normal details from the generators even if i change the material normal intensity in the parameters. can u help me what i am missing?

thanks
absathish