Author Topic: Substance Graph Instance window can't be docked?  (Read 2713 times)

Hi,

I finally got the plugin to work in UE4 and added one of the default substances to play with. When I double click on the substance graph instance it opens up an editor screen, but this screen doesn't seem to be capable of docking anywhere in UE4 Editor except on the very top. Is this expected? It is a pain that it is a huge undocked window.

Hello,

Which version of the plugin and the engine (UE4) do you use ? I have tested 4.3 here and I'm able to dock the window as any other material window would do.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hmmm I am on Unreal Engine 4.3.0 and the version of the plugin 4.3.0.0.

It may be worth noting that just dropping the plugin into my project folders never worked. I had to go with the add code route and manually compile in Visual Studio to get the plugin to work.

Trying some more now... when opening the Graph Instance it opens up some new window. In that viewport I clicked the top left orange triangle to show the tab. I was able to pull that tab out and dock it somewhere, but when I closed that tab the next time I open up the Graph Instance the window is completely empty. I don't know how to retrieve the screen anymore. Resetting my layout didn't seem to help. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Sorry for the delay !

- What do you mean by "never" worked ? Did you get a specific error message ?
- You should be able otherwise to add the plugin in the UE4 folder instead of in your project, both should be working anyway.
- If you compiled yourself the plugin, are you sure you used an up to date version from our Git ?

The little arrow in the corner of the tab is clearly not normal. Could you try the new 4.4.0 version (on an empty project for example) ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.