Author Topic: Updating Model  (Read 642 times)

When working on a project, Painter doesn't seem to like updated OBJ's that have been modified. I have a 50/50 chance that Painter wont transfer the paint data to the re-imported model.

I find that in the middle of a project I often need to rework the model a bit in Maya and re-import the obj with some changes. Usually 95% of the obj is untouched but even that 5% seems to throw Painter into confusion?

Is there a process for this or is it expected in Painter?

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Unfortunately my issue isn't with the UV's. For my model, the UV's are the same(perhaps added new ones) but I've added some new model elements. Such as a character with a new or updated belt, or shoes or something else. Painter will import the new model and sometimes create a new texture set to paint on but the original set is in place and inaccessible. Its grayed out and cannot be selected.

Go in the Settings menu on top of the Texture Set list and click on Reassign Texture Set. This will allow you to retarget your old texturing onto the newly named texture sets.

Go in the Settings menu on top of the Texture Set list and click on Reassign Texture Set. This will allow you to retarget your old texturing onto the newly named texture sets.

Thanks, I'll check that out ;)