Author Topic: Reimport trashes existing texture links  (Read 1856 times)

For whatever reason, when I reimport a substance it kills some (but not all) texture references in materials. Can I send an example project to someone?

For whatever reason, when I reimport a substance it kills some (but not all) texture references in materials. Can I send an example project to someone?

Hey dukecg,

I am sorry you are having this issue. Can you send your project/substances to the email in my signature? :)

I sent this file to you and you said you confirmed the bug. Is there any update on this? It's slowing me down quite a bit.

Looks like this has been a known bug for some time now: https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=8763.0

No resolution?

This is very disappointing. I really wanted to showcase what Substance integration can do, particularly for build size but the amount of bugs i'm running into makes it totally impractical.

This is very disappointing. I really wanted to showcase what Substance integration can do, particularly for build size but the amount of bugs i'm running into makes it totally impractical.

Hey dukecg,

Apologies for the delay. We have fixed this bug (texture reference deletion on reimport), it should go into the next 4.18 build. Although as it is the holiday season, a release probably won't be until after that.  :)