Author Topic: Substance Painter 4.0 vs Unreal 4.18.1 plugin problem  (Read 1741 times)

Hi Allegririthmic
I have some problems with the plugin. When I right-click on Unreal door mesh- send to substance painter I get info in substance -[Plugin-dcc-live-link] Material M_drzwi_oranzeria is not correctly linked with Unreal 4. I have a caustic generator in emissive of material. Is it the case? Another problem is that Unreal can't import spp files from Substance Painter. So the only solution is to make the material in designer and then import it to Unreal as sbrar?
Thanks for the help - Kate

Hi Allegririthmic
I have some problems with the plugin. When I right-click on Unreal door mesh- send to substance painter I get info in substance -[Plugin-dcc-live-link] Material M_drzwi_oranzeria is not correctly linked with Unreal 4. I have a caustic generator in emissive of material. Is it the case? Another problem is that Unreal can't import spp files from Substance Painter. So the only solution is to make the material in designer and then import it to Unreal as sbrar?
Thanks for the help - Kate

Hey Kate,

Sorry for the late reply. Regarding the problem you're having, do you have the original mesh for the door? If not have you tried the workaround below for sending these to Substance Painter?

1. Right click on the asset in the content browser and go to Asset Actions - Export.
2. Make sure Collision is turned off under the Static Mesh section on the Export dialogue. (can leave LOD on or off)
3. Export the fbx somewhere.
4. Right click on the asset in the content browser again and click Reimport.
5. Make sure that Collision is unchecked in the import dialogue.
6. Choose the mesh that you just exported.
7. Send to Painter should now work.

We are working on a fix to automate this process, which will be released in the next build of the Unreal plugin. Also, it is true that Unreal cannot import .spp files as these are Substance Painter project files. :)