Author Topic: Deploy a Unity app with Substance materials on Hololens = UWP problem  (Read 1426 times)

Hello everyone,

I have created an application in Unity where I have a substance material on a cube, and I animate a parameter of the substance graph over time. As a result in play mode I can see the substance material changing from one value to another.

The goal was to test that application on Hololens and observe the implications in terms of performances. The problem was that once the application running in Hololens, I could see my material, but no animation, it just stayed at point 0 forever.

After investigating Visual Studio's logs, it seemed that only one of the Substance dlls was compatible with Hololens, and thus with UWP: Substance Game. However, Substance Engine.dll doesn't seem compatible with UWP.

So here's my question: is there a way, or is it planned by Allegorithmic to make Substance compatible with UWP?

Thank you very much!
Mae_lia

Hello everyone,

I have created an application in Unity where I have a substance material on a cube, and I animate a parameter of the substance graph over time. As a result in play mode I can see the substance material changing from one value to another.

The goal was to test that application on Hololens and observe the implications in terms of performances. The problem was that once the application running in Hololens, I could see my material, but no animation, it just stayed at point 0 forever.

After investigating Visual Studio's logs, it seemed that only one of the Substance dlls was compatible with Hololens, and thus with UWP: Substance Game. However, Substance Engine.dll doesn't seem compatible with UWP.

So here's my question: is there a way, or is it planned by Allegorithmic to make Substance compatible with UWP?

Thank you very much!
Mae_lia

Hi Mae_lia,

We will be looking into UWP support. Currently we are focused solely on mobile support for iOS and Android. After mobile, we will be looking the other platforms.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hello!

Ok thanks, keep me posted!

Mae_lia