Author Topic: Is the contest still running  (Read 4991 times)

Hi everyone ,

is the contest still running cause i see new posts here today .

I figured out if i get the highest point which is the flat arrow like shape done the lowest part which is the heart shape will be resolved automatically  . 

i know I couldn't get my shape done yet but the stone material was ready ,here is my progress so far ,i had problems with the height,

can anyone help me please with this shape , i insist to get it done ,cause everytime i wanted to participate in a contest i failed to get my entry ready , this time the same , i'm sick of it ,putting all this hours to learn then i get nothing ,but i'm not giving up.

thank you for your support.

trying to replicate this shape

Issues with height stairstepping

3d view 

Graph's part 01

Graph's part 02

Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 01:29:22 pm

There may be another way to do it but usually stair stepping is caused by aliasing, I usually add a soft, subtle blur to the edges of anything being used as a heightmap and it takes care of it.

That being said I'm new to substance so if anyone has another suggestion please post.

There may be another way to do it but usually stair stepping is caused by aliasing, I usually add a soft, subtle blur to the edges of anything being used as a heightmap and it takes care of it.

That being said I'm new to substance so if anyone has another suggestion please post.

Thank you chrono1081  so helpful to know the blur tip  ;)  ,

i posted the same subject on the designer discussion section of the forum ,so maybe someone not interested in the contest may help, but they respond that the shape is too hard to pull off , that's why i didn't make it for the contest deadline ,cause i was trying to pull off this shape accurately over and over again ,i didn't want to change the entry , it should be a good exercise  :'( .

and just to let you know the issue was resolved by switching  from tessellation mode to parallax occlusion , i myself being new to substance ,

i didn't even understand when we should use either tessellation or parallax because each mode seems to work properly than the other for each scene i created .

Though i'm still struggling to achieve the right smooth transition in height from the higher part towards the lower part which is the heart shape  , in addition to creating the heart shape carved into the surface ,

so any suggestions would be appreciated   :) .

Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 05:04:44 pm